Wednesday, March 04, 2009

A Simple Desultory Apologetic

Billy Graham?

Okay, so I got the words wrong. The title of the preceding entry, which quoted Paul Simon's "A Simple Desultory Philippic" (his Bob Dylan parody), should have read: "I been Ayn Randed, nearly branded
 / Communist, 'cause I'm left-handed." I have what I call "interesting hearing"--it's not very accurate, but it sure does make the world more interesting. Personally, I think Mr. Simon should consider redoing the lyrics my way.

(Oh--bonus points to anyone who knows, off the top of their head--honor system!,--the next line of the song.)

Randiacs!

Speaking of the preceding entry, apparently there are Ayn Rand devotees who troll the web regularly, because I got responses to that entry faster than to any other entry I've ever written. I'm half-tempted to keep stirring the pot for a while, just for the fun of it, but I think it has already been clearly demonstrated that from their point of view none of my points can ever possibly be valid, and that from my point of view, they're just plain wrong.

(But no, really: are there any Ayn Rand fans with a sense of humor? They're all so bleepin' earnest!)

A Music Video?

Yes, I'll be in a music video. For a truly demented act called "Renfield." Hard to describe, but the MySpace page tells part of the tale. My friend Ezra is directing it, and asked me to be in it.

I have absolutely no idea what to expect. Which is of course the whole fun of it.

I think.

1 comment:

Ardsgaine said...

It's called Google Alerts.

I have a great sense of humor, but if you said anything funny I completely overlooked it.

Really, though, I think you should take your chastisement with more humility. Who are you to insist that you're right?



That was a joke...